Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 15, 2012

This afternoons escapades...



Spot the cat...








Did you spot my adorable floppy cat Gremlin?







He helps me with the laundry, follows me out to the clothesline to hang the washing out, follows me back in and has a cat-nap until I fold the laundry and then tries to help!

This afternoon I got a wriggle on and prepared dessert early. Dessert is either an after dinner after-thought or piece of toast or an apple in our house lately. Master R's eyes popped out of his head when he realised I was making my favourite Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding today. I have included the recipe below for those who are interested. I started with this Taste recipe, but since we were out of butter I substituted 3 tablespoons of margarine (without melting it) and I doubled the water for the sauce because we like more sauce (ok, we ♥ more sauce!)

Ingredients...


1 cup S/R flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup milk


Sauce ingredients...

2 1/2 cups boiling water
1 firmly packed cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder

Method...
Sift flour, cocoa powder and sugar into mixing bowl. Add egg, milk, vanilla and margarine. Mix well with electric beater until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into a lightly greased glass oven proof baking dish. Set aside after smoothing the surface.





Lightly sprinkle the remaining cocoa and brown sugar over the surface, then gently pour the boiling water over the mixture. Pour the hot water onto the mixture over the back of a spoon to stop the boiling water from messing up the mixture.






I covered the dish then with a double layer of alfoil and put in the oven on the middle rack at 150°C (fan-forced). I baked the pudding for 40 minutes, checked it and then lowered the heat to 100°C for another 10 minutes. 









This is how it turned out. As you can see, the sauce is nice and thick after standing for about 10 minutes to cool. The cake is soft and very fluffy, it just melts in your mouth.






As a side note, this is how my under sink kitchen cupboard turned out after the 20 Day Challenge. There's not much I can do with it at the moment until I find some containers that will be suitable, but at least I can find things in the cupboard now!





No comments:

Post a Comment