Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 14, 2012

Spring is here!


  Spring is here! Hooray! Yippee!

This week has seen us tidying up the yard and doing all sorts of general gardening and household stuff. The sort of stuff that you do in Spring.


Our animals are shedding bucketloads of hair which is always lovely - not! There hasn't been a day this week where we haven't walked out the door wear cat or dog hair couture.

I put a down payment on a birthday cake for Master R. today. I'm starting to get really excited about planning this suprise party for him. I also bought a digital watch for him off eBay after we had a big discussion about whether he can read analog clocks easily or whether it would be better to get him a digital watch. I considered the education factor of wearing an analog watch for a 7 year old, but I realised that if he can't read it easily he won't wear it and then it will end up in a box of junk at the bottom of his wardrobe.

Now that the weather has warmed up and we are almost finished giving our trees a much needed hair cut a bonfire will be in order to clean up the massive piles of branches and leaves we have scattered around the place. The winds have finally died down around here over the last couple of days so as soon as the leaves have browned off the bonfires will be lit at dusk and we might even toast some marshmallows - if they survive being in our house that long! We have plenty of good sized logs to keep the fires going for quite a while, and with the school holidays less than a week away it will be a great time for a little Mother/Son bonding time over a softdrink, nibblies and a bonfire.


After the bonfires have died down, the ashes will be scattered over our garden beds under a thick layer of mulch and then we'll look at planting some spring colour the week before my big Tupperware/birthday party.

As you can tell, I'm getting pretty darn excited about my party as well as Master R's, and I've been busy searching for yummy recipes for nibblies and snacks I can make for the party. My guests had better come hungry 'cause there's going to be a tonne of food!

If you have a yummy party recipe, feel free to share it!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than sunny days and clear cool nights with a bonfire! Yay for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment! Thank you Kate :)

    ReplyDelete